Health and Wellness Centre clients are able to use a broad range of clinical services, such as:
- Family medicine, which is able to provide diagnosis, treatment, prevention, screening and testing,
- Phlebotomy clinics (blood tests),
- Methadone clinics,
- Women’s Health,
- Sexual Health,
- STI monitoring and contact tracing.
Many other types of health tests and screening services are provided by the Doctors, Nurse Practitioner, and Registered Nurses.
These services are available in 4 ways:
- By walk-in
- By appointment
- Through clinics, and
- In classes and workshops.
This approach provides a full, convenient range of options for Health and Wellness Centre clients.
In collaboration with Miramichi Public Health, a youth health clinic was initiated at Bonar Law Memorial School. A Nurse Practitioner and a nurse alternate their time to offer a broad range of services, from clinical services, counseling, diagnosis, treatment, contact tracing, and education on health issues.
Addictions/Methadone Clinic was established in 2007, with a team of professionals including Physician, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Mental Health Worker, Addictions worker, and administrative support. Weekly treatment clinics and team meetings to screen clients are provided.
In partnership with Guardian (Pharma save) an on-site daily dispensing Methadone program started on August 17, 2011.
- New IUD clinic for women
- Medical Directive obtained
- Youth Health Clinic at Bonar Law Memorial High School and Middle School on-going
- Gaurdian/Methadone on-site dispensing program
- New Licensed Practical Nurse - Courtney Levi
|Range of Services|
Clinics and Walk-in Services
Screening and Testing
Women’s Health Clinic
Youth Sexual Health Clinic
|PROGRAM STATISTICS 2013-2014|